Group Home

Community Blogs

• ​ Effective March 29, 2019, Michigan has a new legislative scheme for separating trustees’ powers, duties, and liabilities. 2018 PA 662 added MCL 700.7703b to the Michigan Trust Code. This new section allows the duties of distribution and investment ...

• In 2017, several class-action lawsuits were filed on behalf of Flint residents over the Flint water crisis, which involved dangerous levels of lead in Flint’s drinking water. U.S. District Judge Judith E. Levy consolidated the various class-action ...

• Remember that movie Double Jeopardy ? Ashley Judd’s character chases down her husband after he framed her for his murder. When she finally confronts him, she brandishes a gun in his face and tells him that she could publically shoot him and no one could ...

• ​ The good news is that the legal industry has hit a post-recession high, adding approximately 1,600 jobs in March. The year 2018 was reportedly the U.S. legal industry’s best for financial growth in the last 10 years. So what are the hot areas for ...

• The recent attention to Elizabeth Holmes’s low-pitched voice brought to mind the voice lessons I received in my first year in private practice. Back then, the managing partner at my firm offered me the opportunity to participate in a weeklong voice ...

1 person recommends this.