Group Home

Community Blogs

• ​ICLE's Temporary Staff Lawyer, Nick Van Erp, drafted this blog prior to his departure. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors!  Recently, the Michigan Supreme Court issued its opinion in Foster v Foster , No 157705 , ___ Mich ___, ...

• Governor Whitmer’s most recent Safe Start Order, Mich Exec Order No 2020-176 , effective September 4, 2020, states that Michigan has reached a plateau in COVID-19 case counts that allows leaders to “carefully and deliberately relax some restrictions.” ...

• Many Michigan businesses are planning for or beginning the process of reopening in some capacity. Under Mich Exec Order No 2020-176 , effective September 4, 2020, any work that is capable of being performed remotely must be performed remotely in all ...

• On September 1, 2020, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an   order   that halts certain residential evictions through December 31, 2020. (The CARES Act eviction moratorium expired on July 24, 2020. Pub L 116-136, 134 Stat 281 ...

• Because a poll of my advisory board on their pressing concerns has (so far) elicited comments only about Zoom, I went looking for how attorneys and courts are dealing with our new Zoom universe as discussed on Above the Law . Here is what I found. ...