This past September, at the NEXT Conference (formerly known as the Solo and Small Firm Institute), Barron Henley once again offered his “60 Tech Tips in 60 Minutes” presentation, in which he delivered lightning fast reviews of the latest software, apps, and gadgets. Here are some of the highlights:
- Grammarly: Grammarly is a plug-in that will check your grammar wherever you write. You can use it with Microsoft products to proofread your e-mails and documents as you write them. You can use it as a Chrome extension and it will check your writing on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and LinkedIn. There are both free and premium versions.
- Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse: If you suffer from “mouse hand,” you’ll want to take a look at this ergonomic mouse. It tracks anywhere, including on glass, and can pair with up to three computers.
- HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer: You can print 2" x 3" photos directly from your phone using this printer.
- PrintFriendly: Use this handy tool to make any webpage print friendly or to save it as a PDF file. PrintFriendly is available as a browser plug-in as well.
- Trakdot: If you travel frequently, check out this gadget, which helps you track your luggage from your phone. You buy the device and pay an annual service fee. This works with both iOS and Android.